With a couple of changes taking place, we thought it might be a good time to review the responsibilities of the Captain, remembering that we are all captains every 4 or 5 rounds:
- Get a scorecard from the box at the first hole.
- Record the Tee-Off Time on the top of the card and your name.
- Write LAST Name and FIRST Name Initial on the card. ie: Doug McCann would be McCann, D
- If a player decides to play from a different TEE, please mark that on card
- If everyone has arrived, Tee-Off when ready. However, If you are missing a player that hasn’t cancelled, WAIT until your tee time so they don’t get stranded.
- Record everyone’s scores and total the card. It’s probably best if you confirm the scores with the players. (Don’t worry about handicaps, They are captured every day prior to play.)
- Take the lead in maintaining the “pace of play”. A simple way to do that is to ensure that you can alway see the group in front of you.
- Have fun out there and then bring the scorecard to the Pro Shop.
- Buy yourself a drink…you will have earned it.